QueerLab is a youth-led media project and forum for LGBTQ-identifying folk in North Carolina, a platform for publishing I Don’t Do Boxes, and a creative and safe space to build and sustain community for queer youth in Guilford County and beyond.
This spring, QueerLab released the first issue of a new magazine called I Don’t Do Boxes, collecting stories and artworks from around the region exploring queer southern experience. A series of hands-on community-based workshops were hosted every Thursday from March – June, 2013 at Elsewhere open to YouthSAFE youth, and intergenerational communities. The first issue of I Don’t Do Boxes launched on June 7, distributed to local schools and spaces around the Triad featuring advice, news, essays, youth commentary, lesson plans and ideas for organizing and sustaining Gay-Straight Alliances (GSA) at local schools. Purchase Online here
Support QueerLab with a tax-deductible donation to help print and distribute the first issue of I Don’t Do Boxes, and ensure future QueerLab sessions with LGBTQ youth in the Triad. Please make checks payable to Elsewhere, Inc and send to 606 S. Elm Street, Greensboro, NC 27406 or email email@example.com for more information on contributions.
YOUR FUNDS DIRECTLY SUPPORT:
- An Innovative Publication: A publication made for and by LGBTQ-identifying youth
- Building Support Networks: A platform for creative community building in Greensboro and beyond
- Creative ways to Connect: Using video, music, and art to share stories
- Build a more Curious Culture: Furthering Elsewhere’s mission to find art in everyday life
Help share LGBTQ stories from the south
Please join us for upcoming QueerLab sessions!
- Who: QueerLab is open to LGBTQIA youth, allies and intergenerational communities. All are welcome!
- Where: QueerLab sessions are held at Elsewhere in downtown Greensboro, NC. (606 South Elm Street).
- When: The Spring 2014 session will begin in April 2014.
Contact Chris Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions!